Ocena wątku:
  • 0 głosów - średnia: 0
Trąby powietrzne - na jaką max wysokość może wznieść się krowa?
Cytat:[b]Q: How far can an object picked up by a tornado travel?[/b]

A: Tornadoes have tipped over trains and sucked up cows, but the objects that travel farthest are, not surprisingly, small and light.
In 1995, researchers at the University of Oklahoma wanted to study the pattern of debris carried long distances by tornadoes. So after a tornado, they asked people to send them identifiable objects, for example, canceled checks, which helpfully include the name and address of the check writer, making it easy to figure out how far the check has traveled.
In five years, more than 1,000 objects were collected, said John T. Snow, dean of the university’s College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences, who led the tornado debris project. Among the odder ones was a man’s bowling jacket. “It had his name stenciled on the back of it and the name of the bowling alley,” Dr. Snow said.
Most of the objects landed fairly close, 15 to 20 miles from where they started. A few traveled more than 60 miles. The farthest an object traveled was more than 150 miles. [i]— KENNETH CHANG[/i]
A nas Łódź urzekła szara - łódzki kurz i dym.
Odpowiedz

Wiadomości w tym wątku
RE: Trąby powietrzne - na jaką max wysokość może wznieść się krowa? - przez Sofeicz - 22.05.2019, 20:37

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości